Android M Developer preview which is launched earlier in the day at Google I/O 2015 is now available for download. It supports the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 smartphones, the Nexus 9 tablet, and Nexus Player for the Android TV users out there. Expect to be acquainted with runtime permissions, Doze, App Standby, a new assist technology, among other features.
The M Developer Preview includes an updated SDK with tools, system images for testing on the official Android emulator. To get started with the M Developer Preview and prepare your apps for the full release, just follow these steps:
- Update to Android Studio v1.3+ Preview
- Visit the M Developer Preview site for downloads and documentation.
- Explore the new APIs & App Permissions changes
- Explore the Android Design Support Library & Google Play Services APIs
- Get the emulator system images through the SDK Manager or download the Nexus device system images.
- Test your app with your supported Nexus device or emulator
- Give us feedback