Google is rolling out a new update for Chromecast for Google TV. The update is now live with the build version 200918.033. It also features December 2020 security patch. There are several new changes and enhancements that are part of the new Update on CCGTV. The update is rolling out in stages and it may take a few days to reach each unit throughout the globe.
Must See: Chromecast with Google TV gets December security patch update
The build number 200918.033 improves 4K support for TVs and AVRs. There are many Audio improvements for the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus passthrough content. Google is also provided with a better instruction guide to the users if the device shows the Android recovery screen. However, you can check the full changelog below:
Chromecast with Google TV Update changelog
- Improved 4K support for TVs and AVRs
- Dolby Audio improvements for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus passthrough content
- Android recovery screen improvements and fixes
- Reduced the occurrence of users seeing the Android recovery screen
- Improved instructions when the Android recovery screen is shown
- Security update: security patch level increased to December 5, 2020
- General security, stability and performance improvements
The users can manually check the firmware version on CCGTV by heading to the Google Home App > Tap your device > Settings > Scroll to the Bottom and check your firmware version.