Clearing cache is one of the simplest ways to solve problems regarding apps. Most problems like being unable to start or error while running can be solved by clearing the cache. Clearing cache is a simple process on smartphones but what about smart TVs. Smart TVs provide the ability to install applications for different purposes, be it browsing or streaming. These applications also need troubleshooting sometimes due to several different issues.
Sometimes these issues can be fixed by clearing the cache. Clearing cache can also be used to clear app data to free up space or refresh an app for proper working. Samsung TVs are generally different from normal smart TVs in the market. So, you have to follow different steps to perform any action on Samsung TVs. In this article, we are going to show how you can clear the cache on a Samsung TV.
Steps to clear the cache on a Samsung TV
The step-by-step process to clear the cache on a Samsung TV is provided below.
- Open your Samsung TV and put it in:
- HDMI input or
- TV mode
- On the remote of your Samsung TV, click on the home button.
- Go to the Settings.
- Select the Apps option.
- Click on the System Apps option.
- Choose the app you want to clear cache from.
- Click on the Clear cache option.
- Press OK and it is done.
This is how you can clear the cache on a Samsung TV. However, for some Samsung TVs, the method might differ a bit. For those Samsung TVs, you can follow the guide below.
- Click on the home button on the Samsung TV remote.
- Select All Apps.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Now, you will see all the apps installed on the TV.
- Hover over the app you want to clear cache from. Now, click on Reinstall.
Related | How to update the software of Samsung TV
This is how you can clear the cache on your Samsung TV. Hope the guide helps you to clear the cache. Leave a comment in the comment section in case of any query.