LG’s TVs are among the best TVs in the market. LG provides a variety of TVs in different price ranges and the quality is nothing to complain about. But, problems occur even on the best device available. And the best and most preferred way of solving software-related problems is a factory reset. Users can always try a reboot first, and if it doesn’t work then they should try the factory reset method. Here’s a small procedure to reset LG TV and rectify most of the problems on your device.
There could be several reasons to reset LG TV such as troubleshooting your TV or sometimes required if Casting on LG TV.
In this write-off, we will show how you can reset your LG TV using different methods. So, let us begin.
Steps to reset LG TV using the remote
LG TVs can be reset using the remote and without it too. First, we will see how to do it with the remote and later, without it. So, follow the steps below.
- Press the home button on the LG TV remote to open the menu or you can press the Settings buttons for 2-3 seconds to pop up the Settings menu.
- Open settings from the menu.
- The option to reset can be found under the General section.
- Enter the password to reset your TV. If you don’t know the password, try 0000 or 1234.
- Click on the Reset option and confirm all the popups to reset the TV.
This will reset your TV and if for some reason, you lose the remote or want to reset your LG TV without a remote you can follow the next guide.
Steps to Reset LG TV without a remote
This method uses the control panel on the TV for resetting the TV. So, here is how you can do it.
- Hold the power button on the TV panel and if it starts resetting after 10 seconds, your job is done here. But, if it doesn’t then you can follow the next steps.
- Using the buttons on the panel, open the menu on your LG TV.
- Go to the settings and open the General section.
- Select the Reset option present in the section and click on Confirm.
- Enter the TV password and if you don’t know the password, try 0000 or 1234.
Note: You can use the LG ThinQ TV app to connect the TV and then Perform a reset. This way is applicable in case your remote is not working.
Can we Reset LG TV without a Pin or Password?
No, you can’t as the PIN is a must if you have enabled it. Otherwise, the default password or PIN for LG TVs are ‘0000 or ‘1234’.
How to reset LG TV PIN?
You can easily do so by heading to the Settings > Advanced Settings > Safety > Reset Password. Now, highlight the “Reset Password” button and press the channel up button twice and channel down twice and the channel up button twice again. Now enter “0313” or “0325” in the next pop-up dialogue box. Further, enter “000” in the safety dialogue box. You will be able to change the password now.
What to do when your LG TV turns on but the screen is black?
You need to perform some checks – Check Power Chord, Try to turn it on with a Physical button on the TV or you can Power cycle your TV. Moreover, you should check HDMI cables as they might be loose or damaged.
How do I soft reset LG Smart TV?
You can simply plug off the device, press the home button for 10 seconds, and then again plugin the device to soft reset.
Using this method, you can reset LG TV without the remote. Hope it helps you in resetting your LG TV. For any query, leave a comment in the comment section.