Chromecast is receiving a new firmware update globally featuring April 2023 Security Patch. Over the past couple of months, Google seems gradually rolling out updates for each month’s Security Patch. The firmware version STTE.230319.008.R1 brings a few other improvements which will enhance performance and some bug fixes too.
The update weighs 140 MB in size and will be available for both the Chromecast with Google TV 4K and HD models. Here’s the official changelog for the firmware STTE.230319.008.R1:
- Android security patch level has been updated to Apr 2023
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
We hope the new updates keep coming so that Chromecast remains with the latest security patch and features. However, a recent update on Chromecast brought January 2023 Security Patch along with fixes for some bugs.
How to update Chromecast with Google TV?
Chromecast with Google TV users can update the streaming device by heading to Settings > System > About > System Update.
The broader rollout is already taking place, and we hope the update will be available on all the units.
Google TV Coverage:
- Chromecast with Google TV experiencing audio issues after toggling the TV power state
- Why Can’t I Cast Certain Videos on my Chromecast?
- Google TV update brings performance boost, frees up storage with app hibernation
- Chromecast with Google TV 4K gets a new update with January 2023 Security Patch