HBO Max is an online streaming platform offering hundreds of TV shows and movies on the demand of the audience. This makes the HBO Max app a lucrative entertainment platform for binge-watchers. There is an issue though as HBO Max is not available by default on all smart TVs. In this guide, I will explain to you how to get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV.
Although not available by default, you can manage to stream content off HBO Max on Vizion Smart TV. You have to use Chromecast or Airplay to cast the screen on Vizio TV. Secondly, there are some models of Vizio Smart TV that support the streaming of HBO Max content by using the SmartCast feature.
Related | How to turn on Vizio TV without remote
List of Vizio Smart TVs that Support SmartCast
Here is the list of TV models from Vizio that support the SmartCast feature.
- P Series Smart TV
- V Series Smart TV
- OLED Smart TV
- D series Smart TV
- M Series Smart TV
Steps to Stream HBO Max on Vizio Smart TVs Without Chromecast
Without using Chromecast you can view the contents of HBO Max on your Vizio Smart TVs. On the app store of Vizio Smart TV, you can search for and download the HBO Max app. If your Vizio TV model is older, it may not support natively downloading and installing the HBO Max app from the app store.
Here are the steps to enjoy HBO Max without Chromecast or Airplay.
- Sign up with your account on the official website of HBO Max.
- Open the Vizio Smart TV.
- Access the app store.
- Search for HBO Max.
- Once you locate it, click the Add to Home button which will install the HBO Max app.
- Launch HBO Max and log in to your account.
- Select your choice of shows and start streaming.
Get HBO Max on Vizio TV Using Chromecast
If you are not able to stream the HBO Max app natively on your Vizio Smart TV, you can always use the Chromecast feature.
- Install the HBO Max app on your smartphone.
- Then sign in to your account using your credentials.
- Ensure to have a stable WiFi network and connect your smartphone along with the Vizio Smart TV.
- Start to stream content on the smartphone from the HBO Max app.
- On the top of the display, you will see an option Cast. Tap on it.
- The smartphone will show the nearby smart devices ready for casting. The Vizio Smart TV should appear. Select it.
- The content from the smartphone should now appear on the screen of your Vizio smart TV.
Related | How to Cast on Vizio TV
Sideload and Get HBO Max on Vizio TV
Here are the easy steps you can follow to manually sideload the HBO Max apk file on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Start by downloading the APK file of HBO Max from any legitimate website.
- Copy the APK file to a flash drive.
- Now, insert the flash drive into the USB port of the Vizio smart TV.
- Next, access My Files and choose the USB drive.
- Highlight to select the APK file and click on Install to begin sideloading it on the smart TV.
- Once the installation finishes, launch the HBO Max app.
- Stream your favorite content from the app on the big screen.
Related | How to reset Vizio TV [all methods]
HBO Max has a huge demand for the variety of interesting shows and movies it offers. Natively or by using Chromecast, you can easily stream HBO Max content on your Vizio Smart TV. I hope this guide was informative.