Chromecast is a media streaming device used for online content consumption. It is one of the most used streaming devices along with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can install many streaming apps and other entertainment apps on Chromecast. It also allows you to stream from your smartphone to the TV using the Google Home app. Google Home app makes using Chromecast easier, but there is a problem that has become very common these days. Many users are not able to find Chromecast on the Google Home app and if you are one of them then you can try the solutions below.
Ways to fix can’t find Chromecast on Google Home Issue
The internet connection can be the main cause of the problem as it is essential for the setup. Follow the steps below to solve the issue.
- Check whether the Chromecast is placed close enough(4-6 meters) to the device used for setup.
- Make sure the Chromecast is powered on. If it is on, the white light would be on, and if it is off then turn on the Chromecast.
- Check the TV for the “Set me up” notification. Set up the device if available, if the issue still exists try the next step.
- Make sure all the networks are visible and in range, including your WiFi.
- Connect your device to the internet and if the issue is not solved yet, follow the next step.
- If you are using an Android device, make sure the “Use location” is turned on.
- If you are using an iPhone, make sure the Bluetooth is turned on.
Troubleshooting Google Home
The next thing you can do is to solve the problem from the application side. These are some steps that you can try to solve the can’t find Chromecast issue:
- Close the Google Home application and clear the cache. Open the app again and try to connect. If the issue still exists, follow the next step.
- Turn the WiFi off and turn it on again on the device. Open the app again and try to connect. Try the next step if the issue still exists.
- Use another device to set up the Chromecast.
Performing a factory reset on the Chromecast can solve the issue. To perform a factory reset, follow the steps below.
Chromecast (1st generation)
- Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV, and hold the button on Chromecast for 25 seconds until the LED light flashes red.
- Once the LED starts blinking white and the TV goes blank, release the button. The device will restart after resetting.
Chromecast (2nd generation and above)
- Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV, and hold the button on Chromecast for 25 seconds until the LED light flashes orange.
- Once the LED turns white, release the button. The device will restart after resetting.
Using Chromecast voice remote
- Go to the profile on the top right corner of the TV screen and open Settings.
- Go to System > About > Factory Reset.
Using the Google Home app
Note: This option is only available if you still have access to the network your Chromecast was set up with.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Touch and hold the device tile.
- Click on Setting in the top right corner and tap on more.
- Select the Factory Reset option.
These are the ways to perform a factory reset on the Chromecast. You can try all the steps provided above to fix the issue. Hope the solution helps you fix the issue of can’t find Chromecast. However, in case the issue still persists, then we recommend heading over to the official service centre or returning the product if it’s in the return period.