C-SPAN (or Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network) is a well-established non-profit cable and satellite network in the US. As the technology has improved, C-SPAN has also adapted to modern standards. Today, anyone with an Android or iOS device can stream content from the service, and one can also access C-SPAN from the web. So in this guide, we’ll show you how to cast C-SPAN live stream using Chromecast.
Even though the service is available on Android and iOS, it doesn’t support Google Cast or Apple AirPlay natively. So our best hope is to use a more generic method of casting the service. You can easily mirror every Android, Windows, Linux, and Mac device to a Chromecast. However, the mirroring experience is not that great with iOS devices. You should probably know that if you’ve been following us. As always, make sure you meet the following.
- Both the devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection.
- The C-SPAN app should be up to date on your Android or iOS device. You can get links to download from the official website.
Cast C-SPAN using Chromecast
As said, C-SPAN is available on leading platforms. This includes Android, iOS and the web. So it’d be best if we discuss each in detail.
Steps to Mirror/Cast C-SPAN from Android
Casting C-SPAN from Android is simple. All you have to do is mirror the Android device to the Chromecast and open the C-SPAN app to watch it on the TV.
- Open the Quick Settings menu by swiping up or swiping down on your Android device. Look for an icon named Cast, Wireless Projection, Screen Share, Screen Mirroring or anything that sounds similar.
- Click on it, and your Android device will scan for Chromecasts and Smart TVs connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Chromecast once it appears on the search result.
- Your Android device will now be mirrored to the Chromecast.
- You can now open C-SPAN on your Android device and enjoy it on the Chromecast device.
Steps to Mirror/Cast C-SPAN from iOS
Steps We’ll be needing a third-party app to get the job done. Numerous apps let you mirror from iOS to Chromecast. For the sake of this guide, we’ll be using the Replica app. But feel free to use any other app in the Apple App Store. If you don’t know where to start, check our dedicated guide on the best mirroring apps for iOS.
- Download and install Replica on your Apple device.
- Open Replica and pair it with your Chromecast device.
- Start mirroring, and you can now mirror C-SPAN live stream to your Chromecast device.
Steps to Mirror/Cast C-SPAN from web
Casting from the web might be the easiest of the three. All you need is Google Chrome or any Chromium-based browser like Microsoft Edge or Brave. As with the previous method, we’ll be sticking with Chrome to keep things simple. Know that the steps are the same while using any other Chromium-based browser.
- Download and open Chrome.
- Visit C-SPAN from the browser.
- Click on the menu button at the top-right corner and click the Cast button.
- Chrome will now scan for available TVs and Chromecast devices. Select the Chromecast once it appears on the search result.
- Make sure to set the sources to Tab to ensure privacy.
- The C-SPAN webpage will now be mirrored to the Chromecast.
That should wrap things up for now. We hope you were able to cast C-SPAN to your Chromecast enabled device. In case if you’re not able to do so, do let us know in the comments.