Samsung is one of the most popular brands in the television industry. The company produces various types of televisions including normal LCDs and smart TVs also. So people who want to cast their phone, tablet, or desktop on their Samsung TVs are on the right page. Here in this article, we will guide you to cast any of your devices on Samsung TV with some easy steps.
If you do not own a Samsung smart TV then Google Chromecast is the best option to cast(mirror) your device on the TV via HDMI port. Google has launched Chromecast, Chromecast 2, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast 3, and Chromecast with Google TV. which can stream up to 4K quality videos. It can be used on a TV that has an HDMI port.
The methods of casting your device to Samsung TV differ based on your TV model and the type of device from which you want to cast. Follow the steps below to cast your device on Samsung TV.
Ways to Cast to Samsung TV from iPhone, Android, and PC/Laptop
There are multiple ways, let’s talk about each in a few words:
Laptop/PC – Use Google Chrome Browser
Cast on Samsung TV using Chromecast
If you don’t have a Samsung smart TV then this is the best option for you.
- Connect the power adaptor to Google Chromecast and after that, you have to plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV. Nowadays, almost every TV is packed with an HDMI port.
- Connect the Chromecast to your WiFi network. Make sure your device( Phone, Tablet, or Desktop) is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, Download the latest Google Home App from the Play Store and iOS APP Store.
- Select your TV source to HDMI from settings after this Run the Google Home App on your respective device, and then it will automatically start to search for the Chromecast device nearby. When the Chromecast was found, then click continue.
- Now you will see a code on your TV and Device if both the codes match then click on “That’s my code” in the Chromecast App.
- After that, Google Chromecast is ready to cast. If you have a Chromecast-compatible app, then you have to tap on the cast button to view the content on TV.
Cast on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
Samsung TVs that are manufactured from 2016 onwards are the best models to connect Android and iOS devices via the SmartThings App. Follow the easy steps below to cast your device on Samsung TV.
- Make sure both Samsung TV and your device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- The SmartThings app is available on both the Play Store and App Store, download and install it on your device.
- Open the SmartThings app and Tap on Add Device.
- Now select your TV from the list of all available devices on which you can cast your device.
- After that, you might see a PIN on your TV screen and enter that PIN in your app.
- Tap on Smart View and now you can cast content from the device to Samsung TV.
Also Read: How to cast on Sony TVs [all methods]
Cast on Samsung TV using Screen Mirroring/ Smart View / Quick Connect
Quick Connect is the screencasting feature for Android phones running on Marshmallow or below.
- Make sure your Android Phone and TV are on the same WiFi network.
- Open your phone pull down the notification bar and tap on Quick Connect to search phone and scan for nearby devices.
- If you select Quick Connect Tap on Enable Quick Connect.
- Now, you will see the ‘scan for nearby devices” button, Tap on the button and select your TV from the list of devices.
- Your device is now connected to your Samsung TV. Content can be played from your device on the TV.
Cast on Samsung TV via AirPlay
If you own an Apple Device then AirPlay is the best option to cast your content on Samsung TV.
- Open your Apple device and go to the Photos App.
- Select the photo or video that you want to cast on your Samsung TV. Now tap on the share icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Tap on the Airplay and now all the devices that are available will be displayed on your device screen.
- Select the TV on which you want to cast your content.
- Now there might be a code shown on the TV, you have to enter it into your Apple device.
Cast music on Samsung TV via Airplay
- Open the music player on your Apple device.
- Select a Song or any audio you want to cast on your TV.
- Now tap on the Airplay icon and select your TV to start casting.
- Now again there might be a code shown on the TV, you have to enter it into your Apple device.
I hope you’re successful in casting the device content that you want to cast on your Samsung TV. If you have any problem following the steps above do tell us via comments below. For more news and how-to guides stay connected with us.